Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I tri the tri's

The butterflies felt like they had to come out of my stomach. Luckily the host's voice saved me from the fluttery mess. There were lots of groans as he called out the distances. After that he had to say the ready steady go but the microphone always cuts off after the go.
I started running off steadily so I could save my breath, but some how all of my breath flews out of my mouth on the first corner. I ran round the corner for my second lap. My legs are like jelly. They're nice and cold at the start and when they heat up, they get runny but they cool down on my bike.
As I hopped on my bike I saw a kid who had 'Griffin' on his back. I thought that he was either a fan of Griffindor or he was a ladies man. The bike is so long that on the first corner I  already think I am on my last lap.
I pull in and flick my legs off my bike and run into the pools and half slip half dive in. I paddle up and over. Take two and a girl, I remember I passed in the run, zoomed past me as if a shark was chasing.
Finally I got out soaking wet but my throat as dry as the desert.

2 comments:

  1. great description about how you were feeling!*
    I liked the way you said what happened and how it happened and why *

    Maybe Next time you could use more personal voice !

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sentence
    as if a shark was chasing finally I got out soaking wet but my throat as dry as the desert its got good decripchion.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete